dinsdag 29 oktober 2013

Money can't buy happiness.

Blair Waldorf once said: ' People who say that money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop.' and I agreed, until I went to Greece... I saved some money to get through the first month and you cannot even imagine how fast I spended it. The first week, we had everything, a fridge full of beer, loads of cigarettes, soda's, cookies, crisps, everything! And than I realized that there was no money left and payday was still far away. So from that moment on I started to live without money. I didn't had any, but I was the happiest girl ever, I couldn't care less. We had days that we had to search in the flat for a couple of euro's just to get a taxi, so we still could go out with the team. We had a bottle of Coke in our purse, some desserts we stole from the restaurant and roll-up cigarettes because we couldn't effort normal cigarettes. On day-offs we went to the beach to get tanned and enjoy the view with the same bottle of Coke from the night before. And of course we hated it sometimes, but we loved it aswell. Money doesn't compare to the experience of being somewhere else. Well, I'm not going to say that it doesn't make things much easier, of course it does. But there are more important things in life. So I'm changing my point of view; `Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a one-way ticket to another place, and that's pretty close.`

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten